Abandoned hospital centre in Berlin-Buch
Originally built (1909-1914) as asylum, the place was used as military hospital in both world wars, later as children’s clinic (“Genesungsheim”) and rest home. In 1963 the complex became part of the “Städtisches Krankenhaus Buch” (GDR). In 1972 there was established a nuclear medical department – the first in GDR. Since 2007 departments moved to new built HELIOS hospital in the neighbourhood at Schwanebecker Chaussee. The old place at Wiltbergstrasse was bought by investors. 2012 they started rebuilding area to a residential one: "Ludwig-Hoffmann-Quartier" got its name from the historical architect’s name Ludwig Hoffmann.